If you provide heating, ventilation, and air conditioning services, each customer you are able to attract can mean thousands of dollars. Identifying potential customers and turning them into paying customers is critical to your marketing success.
Traditional forms of HVAC advertising (and any advertising for that matter) have lost their effectiveness. Paying for a newspaper ad will cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars and has very little chance of catching a prospective customer exactly when they are looking for your services. If you decide to put up a billboard, you will again spend hundreds or thousands of dollars for a single billboard that nobody will even notice because they are too busy talking on their cell phone. The yellow pages is another option, but it will cost you thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars and the last time I checked, I can’t find anybody that uses the phone book any more. Fortunately, there is a solution and it will cost you almost nothing: the internet.
If you want the most effective HVAC marketing available today, you need to turn to the internet. The reason is simple. People turn to the internet when they are ready to buy. When somebody is searching for HVAC services on the internet, there is a very good chance that they are ready to buy. If you can put your business in front of all the internet searches in your area, imagine how many customers you can attract. Below are a few simple tips to help you get started.
5 Top HVAC Marketing Ideas
- Get your business listed on as many local directories as you can. There are hundreds of places where you can list your business. Each one of them is a way potential customers can find you.
- Be active on social media websites. People spend lots of time on sites like Facebook and if you can connect with people in your community before they are ready to buy, they will probably remember you when it comes time to buy.
- Get reviews and recommendations from your existing customers. Research has shown that over half of all consumers read and trust online reviews so getting positive reviews for your business can drive a lot of customers to your business.
- Offer something of value to your potential customers to show them you are trustworthy. If you provide a free report on something relevant to heating and air conditioning, people will come to know and trust you. People are much more likely to purchase from somebody they know and trust so this can be another big boost to your business.
- Gather contact information from potential customers and follow up with them. If you have a website, build a mailing list of potential customers by asking for email addresses. Using the free report mentioned above can help encourage people to sign up for your mailing list and give you a valuable list of potential customers.
The HVAC advertising ideas above are a great way to start your HVAC marketing campaign. If you would like more information, I have created a series of free training videos for you. In one of the videos, I show you exactly how to get a first page Google listing in less than 45 minutes. Just put your name and email address in the form at the top and I will send you the training videos.
Image credit: lisafx / 123RF Stock Photo